Welcome to TOA18!
We are very excited to have you speak at our Innovation Stage this year! We’ve put together the following guide to make your experience as smooth and enjoyable as possible. We want to make sure that your speak is the best it can be and that your presence is something that attendees will remember for years to come.
Please bookmark this page and check back before the festival, as we will be adding relevant information and updates.
Info about transport, registration, benefits can be found here.
Are you all set? Find answers regarding preparation, technical details and documentation.
TOA is an interdisciplinary festival in Berlin that consists of:
- Conference 20-21 June at Funkhaus (Nalepastrasse 18, 12459 Berlin).
- Satellites on 19-22 June across Berlin.
Make sure to check our website for more information.
Travel to Funkhaus
Please keep in mind that Funkhaus is remotely located from the center of the city, so allow enough time for the travel. Below are some travel time references:
- 25 min taxi and 35 min train ride from Alexanderplatz
- 7 minutes taxi ride from Ostkreuz
- 13 minutes tram ride from Bahnhof Rummelsburg
In case you are traveling from abroad, you can use the services or TravelPerk - our travel parter.
- Funkhaus is open on 20-21 June at 09:00-18:00.
- Food can be bought at our various food truck options all day
Unfortunately, there is no parking available at Funkhaus.
Tickets: You will receive the ticket activation email in the first days of June. Please don’t forget to redeem it prior to the conference. Your ticket is valid for both days of the festival
- Wristbands can be picked up at the registration desk on the day of the event. Wristbands will give you access to the designated areas and must be worn at all times
Please make sure you check the time, date and duration of your talk in the latest version of our program
Deliverables: the copies of your presentations must be uploaded to our drive by 12th of June 09:00:00 CEST. [the earlier the better]
Formats: We accept following files: .key, .ppt, .pptx, .pdf.
Aspect ratio: your slides should be 16:9 in Full HD.
Fonts: make sure to use standard fonts or provide formats with embedded fonts.
Note: ALL visual materials have to be submitted. It’s a good idea to also upload a PDF version of your presentation and bring a backup on a USB drive.
In case you would like to book a coaching session with our speaking coach Bianca Praetorius, do not hesitate to contact her directly.
On the day of the Talk
Fast-track: on the left side of the registration desk there will be a dedicated line for you. Please line up here to save the registration time
Your Lounge: As a workshop host, you have access to a special lounge in the Haus of Tech. Feel free to hang out there before your talk
Your Stage: Workshop Stage in the Haus of Tech
Meeting point and Setup
- Please be near the Innovation Stage 30 minutes prior to your session. There will be a TOA Info Desk in the Haus of Tech, where you can inquire about the exact location of the spot. Near the stage, meet one of our speaker managers, who will set you up.
Your presentation will already be in one of our laptops (Windows or Mac) with Microsoft Office, Apple Keynote (NOT Pages) and Adobe Reader installed. *Note: We do not allow using personal laptops.
- Your session will be introduced by our MC
- Remote controls and laser pointers are available on stage as well as preview screen, timer and other technical equipment
- Please keep in mind that your talk time includes Q&A time
- A mini-jack connector will be provided for sound. Please tell us beforehand if you want to use audio beforehand.
- WIFI and ethernet-network connection and power outlets will be provided as well. The network for you to use is TOA18_Speakers (PW: TOA2018!)
- In case you bring any personal equipment, please make sure to have an adapter for the German outlets at hand, if necessary.